Week 6

Hello Everyone, 
So during the week we get the opportunity to utilize Mormon Channel twice a week, and here are a few of my links and notes. enjoy.
Now people often ask what my favorite kind of music is and I would say Trance, swing and score...and one of my all time favorite artists is Lindsay Sterling and I learned something new about her today...she is a Mormon!  
Over the last week and as I wrote a letter and reflected on turning points in my life that lead me away and then back again to where I am now on my mission...and the words of our wonderful Mission President..."at times we can get caught up in the perspective of eternity, but loose sight of how critical our decisions now here in mortality are in the perspective of eternity" 
Our choices now will not only effect our mortal life but will have rippling effects in eternity.

For Symphonie, Watson, Noah, Carson, and to all my wonderful cousins and friends..."they need you...they know not where to find it"



​ I want all of my family those whom I love to know that...I am not out here I alone, I have surely felt the presence of those beyond the vail one of which I know is my grandmother wheeler...I love her and I love you all, I am sure I have all the more energy and diligence because of your prayers.  Families are Forever and I am so blessed to have you all and be part of your families.


 It is truly incredible how Heavenly father continually gives me more power to Break through walls and become stronger the more I sacrifice and trust in him with a full heart-ed faithfulness

President Pitt gave this remark at our Zone Meeting
"To sacrifice something is to make it sacred"

When we sacrifice something or someone for a time it's not to say that we don't care about that thing or that person, but it actually says just the opposite, that we care about it/them so much that we desire to give it to the lord and make it sacred and I guarantee anything we give to the lord he will give it back improved and stronger. 

That truly struck me strait through this last week and so much so that broke through yet another wall and enabled me to grow that much stronger and have that much more energy and devotion to my missionary purpose...I don't know how  Heavenly Father will go about fulfilling his promises but I know without a doubt that he will and that Heavenly father truly loves me.

Love your Elder
-ART
 
 Rain Tracting...actually had a brief ITL encounter with a mail man who was hiding out from the rain with us...fyi It rains pretty much everyday at somepoint, at least over the last few weeks

​We are lucky enough to have the city park in our area, which is a big park that always has plenty of people to talk to.
 Two weeks ago was the relay for life at the city park and one of our investigators Mr. Swisher flagged us down talked and introduced us to a few people.
 Dogs love us ;)
 So really Cool, This is the Parkersburg Branch of the "Restoration Church of Christ" (which is the re-re-organized LDS church) who we have been meeting with which is interesting because they already believe in the Book of Mormon and their church is set up basically the exact same as the LDS church...so to be brief recently the "community of Christ" (the re-organized lds church - owners of the Kirtland temple), rejected the book of mormon and authorized gay marriage, women in the priesthood etc. and so the "restoration branches" broke off and turned back to the teachings of Joseph smith and we on the North side of parkersburg are meeting with one family and the other elders on South side are meeting with another...its way cool how much they know about the restoration and Joseph smith, we are planning a Fireside when President Pitt is going to come up and speak to their entire congregation! ​
  
 
 I want all of my family those whom I love to know that...I am not out here I alone, I have surely felt the presence of those beyond the vail one of which I know is my grandmother wheeler...I love her and I love you all, I am sure I have all the more energy and diligence because of your prayers.  Families are Forever and I am so blessed to have you all and be part of your families.
Luminary Service at the park after the Relay for Life
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

March 14, 2016

July 28, 2014

June 15, 2015