October 26, 2015

​The Horizon continues to look bright ahead here in Huntington...many more miracles and progress to tell the story of this week.
​Last week for FHE we went to "The MAZE" in Milton WV it was a grand activity and we had a lot of fun together as a group...the highlight of it all was when one of our friends P.N. on the hay ride back to the parking lot leaned over to Elder Davis & I and said "when was it that you invited me to be baptized again?" we responded "the 28th of November" (it has since moved up to November 14th) "I want to do it" P.N. replied...overjoyed we asked him what brought him to his decision he simply and happily said a lot of prayer...as soon as we disembarked from the wagon P.N. walk up behind Sister H put his arm around her and told her the good news...to which she was elated and hugged him...very sweet moment to remember. 
(Left to Right)
Top: Elder H., P.N., Bro P., C., Hh, Elder Wheeler, Rl (friend), 
Bottom: Not sure, Sister H., M., M.P., PJ, and Elder Davis
​Riding from the parking lot to back to the corn maze...this little group continues to grow with new faces. In addition to P.N.'s milestone, it was so wonderful to see the continued progress of of Hh and C. who are the sweetest and are just so excited to be back in activity in the church and also another of our friends from Marshall Rl came along as well.
​Titanic Shout-out for my man Bolt! (formerly Elder Cluff)
​Lost in the maze...finding our way around via Bible Trivia. We were the 2nd of 4 groups to finish the maze...it was actually fairly difficult.
​Between our missionary knowledge and P.N.'s scriptural literacy we managed to navigate the maze.
​The entire YSA...and that was just monday...there is more.

​Midway through the Week I went on an exchange up to Gallipolis OH with elder Maloy...We went to BWW before exchanging Notice what is on the box...Love ya Elder Davis.
​I finally made it to see the famous "moth-man" (google it) in Point Pleasant WV...I don't have any photos of my exchange with Elder Maloy but we do have a few awesome videos that I will send home soon.
​It is also Homecoming week here at Marshall...miracle story here...so we had just had an awesome day teaching and visiting our friends and to top off the day we went to the homecoming parade and Bon fire...where in white we stand out in a sea of green...as we were walking through the crowd a girl comes up behind us and low and behold we meet Ln another YSA hiding in the wood work...it was awesome to meet her and met up with us the next two days and got introduced to the other YSA's miracle!
​The color guard and the Thunder Band were out and about...love a good marching band...also speaking of which there was a band competition  at Marshall this past week which reminded me of a few dates back in the day...in addition to meeting Ln at this event, we had three other people who we haven't seen in a while come up to us and talk for a little while...and M. said that a few of her friends mentioned to her in class the next day that "they saw [her] people" haha but in a reality that is significant because she is then able to slowly bit by bit share a little more of the gospel with her friends and the campus overall is just become acquainted with us...it is not unusual to see us (missionaries) around anymore.
​In the lobby of the Drinko Library...Ln is the third over from the left...PJ's dad also came into town for his Ordination to Elder this past weekend.


​more homecoming madness = Free Food!
​Ln came to meet-up with us here for lunch too, ! I am Just so excited to be a part of all the growth here.
​I was also Happily surprised by a visit from the H. family (from back in Parkersburg, by the way it was last week a year ago that I left Parkersburg, crazy!)...who covertly had called under a different name to meet up with us to get a book of mormon...imagine my surprise when the women in the red and white shirts (family of the H's) gave me a note from home with two ties...and being sisters I really recognized the voice of the woman in the white...but I couldn't figure it out...and then I turned around and was so excited to see sister H. again! I literally screamed from excitement! it was so great! and a very well done and sweet surprise. Love you "H" Family!
​I also got to meet the latest addition to the H. Family...he has so much hair! and so cute!


Great week, So I have been giving it some consideration and prayer over the past couple months and this week got a few insights into this decision one of which being a talk in stake conference. Which has lead me to seriously consider applying to Marshall University.
​Less than 6 months now...April 22nd should be the day I fly home...Sister Sullivan flies home next week!

​So not a solid decision yet. And not a decision I take lightly...but going to school out of state.
​Marshall just opened a huge brand new Engineering School...anyhow there are a lot of factors, but I do feel comforted by the spirit in a decision to "seriously consider" attending Marshall. Which also provides far more missionary opportunities as a YSA myself after my mission which I really like the idea of...verses being among the crowd. 

The power went out at the library before I could send more.


​With the help of the L. family we put together a Halloween costume we could teach with...for a few of the Halloween parties coming up...think plan of salvation...life after death...see if you can get it. This is at the the stake YSA Halloween Party which was hosted by the Marshall YSA at the P.'s home...which 6 people from Martin came along with Elder & Sister Winn...so good to see my old friends again.
​A classic featured at many a Mormon Halloween party...J. won!
​Hay ride...with our tour guide Elder Hoggan.
​Pumpkin Bowling...this was funny because P. was supposed to be the pumpkin catcher so they wouldn't bust on the brick wall but one came apart and went everywhere before before it even hit the wall and he was dodging pumpkin pieces.
​J. is doing well...weekends seem to be tough on her, she is beaming with light in the week then the weekend just seems to unload all Hell on her...I really can't relate how much potential we see in her and she has just taken hold of it...but it is tough sometimes, Keep her especially in your prayers...sometimes I just want the opposition to give people a break, but it will make her strong...and we will be patient with her...and I need to be better at celebrating every little step. She really is a super star...and will go far in time.
​Bobbing for Apples...P. won this game
​The whole group...from WV, KY & OH
More in Part 5

Note: The Power went out at the Library last week before I could send these...enjoy.
​Another miracle...was a letter from Vicki wilder:) so a couple months ago I drafted a letter to Vicki...but I never did finish it or send it...for the life of me I do not remember sending it! I remember writing it and then setting it on my shelf to finish later...I have absolutely no clue about how the letter I wrote made it from my shelf to Vicki's home in Parkersburg...never the less somehow it miraculously arrived and the letter was very sweet to read. Love you Sister Wilder...so good to hear from you:)

How much I wish I could have time to write my friends in former areas more...but I am just simply so busy with the work going on here...a little note to a few of my friends Brandon & Becky Coss, Heidi Griffith & her family, Alan Bennett, the Gilkenson family, Andrew Greenleaf, the Collins Family to name a few...not to mention the amazing member families who hosted and took care of me so well, like the Haroldsens and the Linsenmeyer's, the McAdams, the Fords the Bentley's and many many more...thank you I think of you all often and pray for you and your families...know that I do miss you all and haven't forgotten about you. Love you all.

​Out to lunch at Hussons Pizza just off campus, following an amazing lesson with the YSA and PJ's father...we talked about following the prophet and what the special witness of the apostles mean read 3 Nephi 12: 1-2...following the discussion we watched "Prophet of the Restoration" on campus in Drinko 341 and the videos linked below...followed by very pure and powerful testimonies shared by M. and Hh. and P., it has been so incredibly fulfilling and sustaining as a missionary to see each of these close friends prosper and sink their roots in deep...Elder Davis said "do you feel that...that is the sprit"...Ln. was also there...note I am wearing the sweet black tie you sent me with the Haroldsens

Pondering the Possibilities...

We had an amazing stake conference this past weekend...we were invited to attend the Saturday session and participate in a large Ward Council role play...and we heard amazing talks from every different demographic of the stake YSA, OSA, Married with kids, retired...it was incredibly unifying! Also one man spoke who used to be a missionary here who had served in Prestonsburg and in Huntington...just like me..and then came back to Marshall for school...pondering...

We and the other YSA's got roped into, (really it was enjoyable) singing in the choir at stake conference...which is funny because last year's fall stake conference in Huntington I was roped into singing in choir by Sister S., because the Martin Ward was responsible for organizing that time. 

Also the stake president, President Cox made a huge announcement that the entire stake will be having a temple day of scriptural proportions on May 7th 2016 when the entire stake all ages will go to the Louisville KY temple all day. expecting over 1,000 people...the spirit was so strong following this announcement and the closing hymn of the Sunday session was the spirit of God through which I could hardly stay in my seat. 
​D.T. (formally L.) from the Martin ward...who if everyone recalls was one of my best friends down in Prestonsburg KY...she is just on fire and so happy! Her smile could melt an ice burg in seconds:) She saw me and with no argument to be had reached across the bench and hugged me, so good to see her again...and next to me was P.N. who I introduced to her and mentioned that he was going to be baptized D. said softly and beautifully  with all that beaming light that she has in her eyes "You have so much to look forward too...so much"
It was also wonderful to see friends meet friends and have Sister D.T. give M. and C....some of the wisdom from her years. 
This week also marks sister Sullivan's final week and Elder Carter & I were here to see her off...she will be missed, mission accomplished sister Sullivan!

​Thought you all might enjoy seeing where we do the majority of our teaching on campus in the Drinko Library usually up on the 3rd and 4th floor...Love having this resource in a clean and reverent place the spirit just seems to thrive a little more.

Okay now onto this week!

ART

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

March 14, 2016

July 28, 2014

June 15, 2015