Week 2 Letter {and pictures!!}


Dear Family,

Well I can't believe it is Saturday again! After Sunday time here just flew by. The MTC started to really challenge me along with the rest of our zone last Saturday when we had one of the sister missionaries in our district go home, not to mention that we another Elder go home last night from the district that joined our zone on Wednesday (they are serving in Reno NV and Irvine CAL)...The MTC is a refiner's fire we all feel the heat, but I know I have been blessed with a strong family support and a new found focus here that has helped me strive here. The days are full and crammed with awesome spiritual expansion. I know I am on the lords time here and still have so much to learn and understand, but it's amazing about how much over just one week I have learned I can't even imagine what it will be like after two years (well 23.5 months now). I am almost a little sad it went by so quick (My last day of regular classes was yesterday). There is nothing quite like getting to spend my entire day learning and focusing on others and this work. Don't get me wrong it is tiring but so worth it! 

Now I have a challenge to each of you...

Missionary work has changed so much especially over the last 10 years, and it is now more important than ever for Members to stand-up and join the missionary work. This work does not belong to just full time missionaries it belongs to every member! I was able to be part of a new case study (of about 25 missionaries) during infield orientation that looks to seriously innovate the way missionary work is done, that puts more responsibility on the members and even more obligation to us full-time missionaries. The lord has expanded and prepared his army. I can see that growing everyday here at the MTC. 

Think of us Full-time missionaries as the militarized army, trained and given set-apart tools to take on the front... 

Think of the members throughout the world as "the resistance"...to seek out and find the work to prepare the way for the army to take the city! Take down the adversary! and expand the lords kingdom - which is the church of Jesus Christ of Later Day Saints  

I know that this church is true PERIOD! 

So I Challenge you to invite just one, but don't stop there if you feel prompted at all don't hesitate the lord is giving you a coded message to act! Provide the Army with information to proceed...You are the resistance! in the war against darkness.

I am about to head to the front with my fellow soldiers in the greatest and largest missionary force that in human history and I love you all. I miss you but my place is here and right now, I wouldn't trade it and I am going to savor it here!   

GO FORTH!

- Elder C. Arthur Wheeler

Provo Utah MTC
 
 















 







 















 

 




 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

March 14, 2016

July 28, 2014

June 15, 2015